You are here: Divorce & Family Law >> Child Custody >> Enforcement Of Child Custody Orders

Enforcement Of Child Custody Orders

A party whose ex-spouse is not obeying the custody order can file a motion to enforce the order with the court, which specifically points out the provisions of the custody order that have been violated. Parents who violate the order can be held in contempt by the court.

Custody orders issued in one state are enforced in all the states under the Uniform Child Custody Jurisdiction and Enforcement Act (UCCJEA). The Act facilitates enforcement when a child sent for visitation out of state is not returned to the custodial parent.

TIP: A parent with primary custody, whose child regularly goes to another state to visit the other parent, should register the custody order with that state. Call the district or county clerk's office where you ex-spouse lives and find out the process for registering out-of-state custody orders.

Alabama Divorce Forms


Alabama Divorce $59.00
AL MSA $39.00
AL Divorce & MSA Combo (best value) $89.00

Try before you buyStart Now

Sale: Now through the end of June take 10% off any purchase! Use promotional code save10

SmartLegalForms, Inc., Legal Forms, Baltimore, MD
Fast, Easy, Affordable Alabama Divorce Forms
Start Now